Moody Christmas Parade—Intermediate Band
Dear Intemediate Band Parent or Guardian:
The Moody High School Band will participate in the Moody Christmas parade on Saturday, December 14th. Because your student is a rising member of our 2013-2014 marching band, he or she is invited to march this parade as a rookie marching and playing member, with the stipulations listed below. This is not a required event for intermediates but is an optional activity at your discretion.
Participating students will meet at our band room at 3:00 pm on Saturday the 14th for roll call. We travel by bus to the Adesa Auto Auction on Highway 411 by 4:00 pm, and then begin the parade to Moody City Hall at 5:00. Buses return with students ready for pick-up at the band room by 6:30. Students will not be released at the parade site. All will return to the band room by bus to conclude the trip. I ask that you please pick up your student at the band room no later than 7:00.
Requirements for Intermediate Member Participation:
1. Parent completion of Medical Release Form (attached) by Friday, December 6th.
2. Obtain correct black marching shoes (not patent leather) from Rose’s Shoes and Boots, 5120 Old Springville Rd, Pinson, AL 35126 (205) 853-8635 by the day of the parade (about $30 per pair—you keep and use them for as long as you march with our band)
3. Obtain proper under-garment for band uniform. For cold weather, thin thermals fitting close to the body, navy blue or black only. Mild weather—under-armor style athletic shorts, close-fitting, and a solid navy or black t-shirt. Long black socks. No makeup or jewelry.
4. Attend fitting for marching band uniform (during class time)
5. Remain after school on Monday, December 9th for rookie marching camp until 4:30 pm. Rides must arrive no later than 5:00 pm.
6. Remain after school on Tuesday, December 10th for full band parade rehearsal until 4:30 pm. Rides must arrive no later than 5:00 pm.
If you wish to serve as a chaperone, ride the bus, and walk with the band, please contact our volunteer chaperone coordinator via e-mail at email@example.com and mention that you are the parent/guardian of an 8th grade band member. I have enjoyed working with your student this year and would be delighted to have them accompany us in this year’s parade. Please direct any questions to me at 205-640-1995 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Bradley K. Sargent, Director of Bands