A message from UA director of bands, Mr. Randall Coleman, follows. Any student interested in participating should follow the steps Mr. Coleman outlines below. Honor band participation by Moody band members is strongly encouraged, but supervision and arrangements for transportation are entirely up to students and their parents or guardians. Dr. Sargent is not responsible for supervision at college honor bands or any other activities unrelated to SCCBOE. When completing the application, please list Dr. Sargent's address as email@example.com for the most expedient response on a recommendation.
1. 2012 Alabama Honor Band Festival Registration is now open. Please visit bands.ua.edu/honorband2012 for the link to the registration site. Registration will be open until November 18. Please impress upon your students that the information they provide us in their resume is very important to us as we make selections. Here is a quick review of the process as well:
Quick Steps Guide
1. Students learn of the event.
2. Students will go to the registration page and create a log in identity and password. (write it down somewhere!)
3. This Registration is your Application to the Event. (Please, only register once.)
4. Students should then log in and build a Resume for the event via the provided web page. Be sure to provide your Director's email address so they can confirm your resume and recommend you to the event faculty.
5. Double check your email address (your log on ID) and your Director's email address are correct so the event faculty can contact you with event updates and your Director will receive log in instructions.
6. Directors will receive a weekly email with log in credentials once their students have completed a resume for the event. (Directors need to permit emails from firstname.lastname@example.org to pass through any spam filters in place in order to receive these.)
7. Directors will log in and comment on the student resumes from their school.
8. Event faculty will review student resumes and Director recommendations to select and invite students to the event.
9. Students will be invited and then need to confirm acceptance per instructions from the event faculty invitation.
2. The Alabama Symphonic Band will present our first concert of the 2011-2012 season on Wednesday, October 19 at 7:30 PM in the Concert Hall of the Moody Music Building. I have attached a flyer for you to post and/or distribute to any of your students who might be interested in attending. I hope you will be able to join us next Wednesday evening!
Do not hesitate to contact either myself, or Heath Nails, UA Bands Program Assistant (email@example.com) , should you have questions about Honor Band or the Symphonic Band concert!
Randall O. Coleman
Associate Director of Bands
Director-Crimson Music Camps
The University of Alabama
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
205.348.6068 (Band Office)
205.348.0314 (Direct Line)